Hong Kong International Short Film Festival
The annual Hong Kong International Short Film Festival held in the beautiful city of Hong Kong has been celebrated for 7 years now. Over the years, we have dedicated short films from all genres and anywhere in the world through eclectic and selective programs that have successfully demonstrated the reputation of albeit thought-provoking cinema.
The festival screens more than 300 films and attracts more than 10,000 people each year, including industry professionals and emerging independent filmmakers.
The film program shows a wide variety of high-budget to low-budget films within 40 minutes. From renowned directors and star actors to the finest film schools and high school teenagers, they are here to celebrate the art (and business) of the short film!
Film festival every year will launch a wonderful programs, including next year we are going to talk about movies, and new perspectives from around the world, video, and documents, as well as insider lectures, talent award and special programs, we also hold film and animation workshops for adults and young people, to cultivate intellectuals in the southwest of film production, and, in collaboration with schools and universities to cultivate the appreciation of film culture in the future.
Rules and Qualifications
1. Entry time must be less than 40 minutes.
2. Subtitles must be provided for non-Chinese works.
3. Films must be completed after January 1, 2018.
4. Online screening is mandatory.If you choose not to upload your project to the FilmFreeway website, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include a password in email correspondence sent directly to the National Short Film Festival.
5. Film Festival does not download submissions or accept Dropbox submissions.Please only send links to media on third party servers, such as Vimeo or YouTube.
6. Written comments describing the items are helpful.
7. The registered DVDs will not be accepted or returned.
8. If selected, the filmmaker must sign the film before it can be shown at the festival.
9. Film festivals may request to download copies (.Mov,.mp4 or other format) for the exhibition, which the filmmakers agree to abide by.